Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's amazing the things you think of when you are delayed at the airport

I am sitting here in the Porter Lounge at Toronto Billy Bishop Airport. My flight to Ottawa is delayed. Definitely annoying but I'm not going to let it get to me. I have my laptop and I can do some work while I am waiting. But first, a blog entry.


There is no recipe attached to this blog, but instead some memories that will likely lead to recipes later.


Last night I found the eulogy that my Auntie Karla delivered at my Grandpapa's funeral many, many years ago. His birthday just passed so I have been thinking of him often these days. 'Tempus Fugit' was something he had typed and hung on the wall of his office - Time Flies. I can't believe how the time has flown by since he died. I graduated university, started my career, met and married my husband, gave birth to two beautiful children (one of whom has my Grandpapa's name), started a second side career, and then a third side career...the list goes on. All this time, he wasn't here in body, but somehow I do believe he was here in spirit.


In memory of my Grandpapa, I plan to post some of his recipes - perhaps tonight when I return from my trip. I think the first one will be his infamous Baking Powder Biscuits, which he loved to eat accompanied by either a hot cup of tea, or a tall glass of skim milk with ice.


Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment